I had meant to post before and I haven’t had the time; I chose to post this now in response to a comment on this article about wives of deported husbands banding together online. Well, I am one of those American Wives.
Jul 3, 2011
To all the women who marry illegals, or choose to marry down. Too bad if you don’t like what is said about the subject. This format is one of the few places Americans can voice their opinion without fear of job loss or government retaliation. What did you down dating fools think? That everyone would be supportive? Not ! Women love to date losers, can I ask you women the size of your husbands bank accounts? Could it be 4 figures at best, or perhaps zero! It’s not so much that these men have immigration problems that disturb me. It’s the whole package, I’m sure they have zero bank accounts, zero job opportunity, and wives and children in their home countries. A woman will fall in love with a ham sandwich.”
25 Things I Love About My Ham Sandwich
1. My husband rarely complains, gripes or argues with me.
2. He takes life as it comes and keeps his head up.
3. He has worked up to three jobs at a time to make sure our family is taken care of.
4. He is the best father and husband a woman could ask for.
5. He gets me on pretty much every level, yeah we disagree…sometimes.
6. He loves music even more then I do.
7. His dedication to the things he does; his music, family, and work amazes me every day.
8. I didn’t know there were enough hours in a day to do all that he does.
9. When I can’t handle anymore, he takes over.
10. He has never neglected, abused, harmed or caged me in any way; which I cannot say about most American men I have known.
11. He gave me the opportunity to SEE life outside of my little American box; to truly understand what life is like for the rest of the world.
12. My husband has learned to listen and not offer solutions unless I ask for them!
13. Some days he works till 4 in the morning and then gets up at 9 am to take our son to school and go to his classes so that he can make a better life for our family.
14. He is a strong role model for his children so that they will be hard working and good people when they grow up.
15. His favorite childhood movie is Mary Poppins….I love this, because it’s not Transformers or some other stupid BOY MOVIE…It’s Mary Friggin Poppins…how much more wholesome can you get?
16. He lets me nag!
17. He always has the chocolate even before I know I want it!
18. He does laundry and cleans the mop so I don’t have to! (blech)
19. His legs are pure muscle….NIIIICEEE! (Seriously, we walk everywhere and live in the Mountains)
20. His favorite snack is SLIM JIMS!!! Snap into a slim jim….I love me some slim jims…Now when we get them…(maybe once a year) it is a fight to who can eat more of them before they are gone!
21. He show’s me more respect than any man I have ever known.
22. He gave me four beautiful children.
23. He never complained if I gained too much weight.
24. He made it easy for me to get into shape (again the walking); I never would have been able to lose 60 lbs in a year in the states!
25. We have been together for 9 wonderful years and if I have to spend the rest of my life outside of the states to make it last, I will, because I would rather live with the hardships in a third world country then live with bigots in the Country that I love.